How we helped
After a detailed audit of the online campaigns, we recommended restructuring the entire account. Our focus was on improving:
- Traffic quality: Bounce rate, number of pages per visit, average time on site
- Account performance: Cost per Click, Click Through Rate
- Conversions: Number of conversion, Cost per acquisition
Robinson Lighting & Bath Centre is not an ecommerce website. The main goals of the site are to showcase the line of products from high-end designer brands, share content from their experts, and bring visitors to their showrooms across Canada. However, we found that, historically, every adgroup, keyword and ad type (search and display) had been grouped under one single campaign with a lack of relevance and focus.
After a detailed audit of the current account, we established that this approach would not help the client meet their goal. This audit was the key to building Adwords campaigns that aligned with their goals.
Switch to targeted campaigns
We separated the one campaign into nine campaigns (one per showroom) to control budget and conversions more efficiently. Each new search campaign is composed of several adgroups with tightly themed keywords to ensure maximum relevancy with the ad copy and landing pages. Keywords match types were changed to a mix of modified broad match, phrase match and exact match.
We also split search and display into their own campaigns and started building a remarketing list to promote new lines of products to their existing target audience.
In order to boost the CTR, we also added ad extensions to each campaign:
- Location Extension: Breaking down campaigns by location allows us to use the location extension for local based searches.
- Sitelinks: these additional links can be used to promote different line of products as well as boosting promotions.
- Call: Each campaign displays the phone number of the showroom in that city.