How we helped
After consultations with the Blue Bomber’s senior management, a proposal was put forward to gain an AdWords Grant for the Blue Bombers that would focus on:
- Awareness: Educating the public on everything from amateur football, transportation options to the latest standings on the team.
- Sales: Identify consumer interests that match up with set ticketing options ranging from family nights to season tickets.
- Merchandise: Increasing the exposure to the Blue Bombers’ latest merchandise line.
Working with the Blue Bombers’ management team, 1UP Digital Marketing was able to gather the required legal documents and facilitate the application for the Google AdWords Grant. We were successful in securing $10,000 USD per month for the Blue Bombers Organization to utilize on their AdWords search campaigns.
We created 3 campaigns that focused on the identified focus areas as well as a Branded campaign that would help funnel traffic to high importance pages. Each campaign had an average of 10 sub-AdGroups underneath the main campaign to help narrow the focus of the campaign and increase the relevancy if the campaign.
In order to push the limits of the capabilities of the campaign, 1UP enabled dynamic ad customizers that would automatically update ad copy to reflect the next team that the Blue Bombers were playing at home, and had a count-down timer for the amount of time left to purchase a ticket for the game, which added urgency.
In order to boost the CTR and drive more sales, we also added the following Ad Extensions to each campaign:
- Price Extension: Showcasing the different pricing options for tickets.
- Sitelinks: These additional links were used to promote key pages on the website.
- Callouts: Used to announce recent news and roster updates.
- Call: Each campaign displays the phone number to directly purchase tickets over the phone.